Aesthetics explored, expressed and enhanced through design & craftsmanship.
AESTHETICS EXPLORED, EXPRESSED AND ENHANCED THROUGH DESIGN & CRAFTSMANSHIP.
Lunetta Bartz founded MAKER in 2009 as a platform to combine her various interests in art, design and furniture. Qualifying as an Interior Designer in 1992 she has worked on numerous large corporate and private domestic design projects designing both the space and furniture for the installations. She has also worked in the architectural and graphic design fields.
"I believe most people can be multi-disciplinary. I guess that’s a Bauhaus principle. And to me what was really so important about that was not that they only made wonderful things, but that they believed music and theatre influenced architecture, and vice versa. A lot of that has been lost because we have become so concerned with being a ‘specialist’. I am not interested in the specialist. I am interested in the maker."
- Individually hand bound journals, artists' books, slipcases and Solander boxes in book cloth, leather and paper.
- We design and make a selection of handcrafted furniture pieces including tables, bookshelves and print drawers made in various finishes and sizes.
- Custom designed handmade timber picture frames in oak, ash or walnut.
- We provide display solutions for delicate odd objects.
- Santu Mofokeng has worked with Lunetta Bartz since 2009. MAKER is his exclusive agent. All exhibitions, loans, image copyright and sale of artworks are facilitated by us.
- MAKER's previous collaborations include projects with artists Mikhael Subotzky, Gabrielle Goliath, Jonah Sack, Simon Gush, Philip Miller, Jürgen Partenheimer and William Kentridge.